Vadim A. Glozman
Vadim A. Glozman has been a criminal defense attorney his entire career, practicing primarily in federal and state courts in Illinois. Beyond Illinois, Mr. Glozman has handled criminal cases and investigations throughout the country, including Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, Missouri, Connecticut, New York, Virginia, and Washington. He concentrates his practice on representing individuals and corporations facing state and federal prosecutions, focusing primarily on white collar and major felony criminal defense, civil and criminal asset forfeiture, and appellate representation.
Mr. Glozman began his legal career working hand-in-hand with Edward Genson, the dean of Chicago criminal defense. Ed Genson taught Mr. Glozman his in-depth knowledge of trial procedure and how to craft a defense focused on the specific dynamics of the jury and judges involved. Early on, Mr. Glozman learned that trial law is an all-encompassing kind of profession; it’s your whole life when you are on trial.
Through his zealous advocacy and aggressive defense of his clients, Mr. Glozman has been able to successfully defend his clients by obtaining acquittals, dismissals, lenient sentences, appellate victories, and sentence reductions in complex federal and state matters including conspiracy, mortgage fraud, health care fraud, bank fraud, mail/wire fraud, theft of trade secrets, obstruction of justice, and public corruption, as well as those charged with drug crimes, violent crimes, theft, weapons charges, and various other state charges. Mr. Glozman’s representation extends throughout all aspects of litigation including grand jury investigations, verdicts, sentencings, and appeals. As the primary litigator of the firm, Mr. Glozman works closely with clients to effectively develop a defense strategy that best suits their case.
Mr. Glozman has represented individuals from all walks of life including businessmen, doctors, lawyers, and political figures, among many others. Regardless of whether he is representing a high-profile or indigent client, all of his clients are represented with equal vigor and tenacity. His work has earned him a reputation as a thorough and creative attorney, whose innovative approaches have led to favorable results for many of his clients. Mr. Glozman is often called up to work on defense teams with some of Chicago’s most prominent and successful criminal defense lawyers.
For his work, Mr. Glozman has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in the areas of White Collar Criminal Defense and Criminal Defense in Super Lawyers Magazine and Chicago Magazine (only 2.5 percent of lawyers in Illinois receive this honor and the selection process is based on peer review), honored by Leading Lawyers Magazine as an “Emerging Lawyer” in the areas of White Collar Criminal Defense, Criminal Defense, and Appellate Litigation (a recognition bestowed on 2 percent of those lawyers in the state who are 40 or younger), and designated a Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense attorney by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Most recently, Mr. Glozman was named an Associate Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society whose membership is limited to less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers).
Mr. Glozman is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago John Marshall Law School, where he was a member of the Dean’s List and earned a Certificate in Trial Advocacy. During law school, Mr. Glozman served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Nathaniel R. Howse, Jr. at the Illinois Appellate Court – First District where he drafted opinions regarding the constitutionality of the controversial Unlawful Use of Weapon statute.
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors, Executive Committee (2021-present)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys – Sentencing Committee (Present)
- American Bar Association, Criminal Litigation Committee, Young Lawyers Subcommittee, Co-chair (2015-16)
- Federal Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Trial Law Institute, Member (2022-present)
- Diversity Law Institute, Member (2022-present)
The U.S. Sentencing Commission’s War on Drugs
American Bar Association, Criminal Litigation,
Summer 2014, Vol. 14, No. 3
Luis v. United States and the Future of Federal Forfeiture Reform American Bar Association, Criminal Litigation, Fall 2017, Vol. 17, No. 1
- 2020-Present Associate Fellow Litigation Counsel of America,
Barrister, Order of Veritas,
Advocate, Order of Certus
2018-Present Rising Star – Illinois Super Lawyers
- 2018 Top 10 Under 40 – National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- 2017-Present Emerging Lawyer – Leading Lawyer Network
- 2017-Present National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – Criminal Defense
- 2017 “10 Best Attorney” – American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- 2017 Top 10% – Lawyers of Distinction
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Northern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Missouri
When you only have one call to make, make sure it is the right one.
We are here to defend your rights!